Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All My Whys

Why didn't you leave him?
I could have helped you.

Why didn't you tell me what he was doing to you?
I would have helped you.

Why did you let him hurt you?
I wouldn't have let him.

Why did you let him control you for so long?
I tried to show you.

Why didn't you put a stop to it?
I wanted him to stop.

Why did you lie to me?
He didn't love or care about us.

Why didn't you warn me about how he would be?
It would have prepared me.

Why did you ever listen to him?
He only spoke lies.

Why did you ever believe him?
He only deceives.


Why didn't I see what was happening?
Because you kept most of it from me.

How did I not recognize your pain?
Because you wore a mask.

Why didn't I care enough?
Because I was selfish.

Why didn't I understand what was happening?
Because I couldn't imagine a husband both loving and
hurting his own wife.


May you rest in peace.
May you have peace from the games, the lies,
the mask, the deceit, the hurt, the pain, and your own grief.
May you finally have peace.
In God's name, may you have peace. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I have nominated your blog for an award. Read more about it here: http://xpressivehandz.blogspot.com/2012/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this. I know it's too late, but I'd still like to say thank-you for considering my blog as an option. :o)Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete