Monday, October 1, 2012

Hard Year

I really thought  that this year would be much 
easier then the last. 
And, it was, in a way. 
Sure, the grief was mostly gone. 
God put me back together.

But, it seemed that everything else just fell apart. 
I had to go to physical therapy for a bad knee.
I noticed that I had lost more of my hearing.
My vehicle was totaled. 
About a week later, my husband's vehicle stopped 
running altogether.
The following month, we were dealing with an 
insurance company from hell.
Then, our computer crashed. 
We got a break for about two months. 
Then, it started back up again. 
My husband got a job offer so we put our house 
up for sale. 
Then, someone was very interested in it. 
They took so long dragging their feet getting back 
with us on making an offer, that my husband had 
to forfeit the job. 
Then, we negotiated with the potential buyer 
for a MONTH (because "he's hard to get a hold 
of due to his job"); when it came down to the final price, 
our last offer, the guy walked. 

Then, September rolled around. 
And, things finally started to turn for the better. 

My knee is feeling better.
I went to talk about new hearing aids today; 
turns out someone might be able to help me 
get them covered.
We replaced my husband's vehicle right away.
But, I waited 7 long months to get one for myself. 
Our computer was repaired.
And, we got a sweet dog. 
We still haven't sold our house.
But, I'm alright with that. 

It's been a difficult two years, but I believe that 
it is finally turning around for the better. 
And, I know, without a doubt, that God is behind it 
every step of my way. 

Thank-you, Lord. 
I admit that I do not understand your 
plans for my life. 
But, my hope, trust, and faith lie in You. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment