Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Waiting In Line

I've still got "moving" on my brain. 
I was thinking about it some more, and came up 
with another analogy. 

I'm standing in line. It's a very long line. I am waiting patiently.
Waiting for my turn. And, all the while, I'm waiting for God 
to move us to a new and wonderful location. I pray. I wait. 
I pray some more. Nothing happens. I pray some more. 
I wait some more. 

Well, then, after waiting a while, one person I know, gets to 
move up ahead of me to the front of the line. They relocate
to another place. Then, pretty soon, another person moves 
out of state. I'm still waiting in line. Waiting for our turn to move.
We've already done all that we can do. We've got ourselves an agent.
We have a good sized sign in the yard. We have some nice pictures
of the property online. So, now we must wait. 

But, you see, each time another friend, or another acquaintance 
gets to move, it feels like they're jumping the line. They haven't 
been waiting in line as long as we have. They have not been praying, 
waiting, and praying some more for a move as we have. One person
is moving practically spur of the moment. 

Don't get me wrong. I am happy for all of those folks who want
to move, and get to fulfill their dream. Truly, I am. But, I also 
cannot help wondering, "What about us? When will it be our turn?
When will we finally make it to the front of the line?" 

It is hard to keep our spirits up. It feels that we've been forgotten
by God. I know that we have not. But, sometimes, that is how it feels.
And, it is hard to watch others go ahead in line, while I'm still waiting 
for my own turn. Frustrating even. But, there is nothing I can do 
because it is their turn. 

So, while I wait in line, I'll continue praying to God, praising Him,  
and pining for the chance to rent a U-haul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment