Monday, December 12, 2011

Another milestone

It was another milestone yesterday. 
Kind of a big one too. 
It was Dec. 11, 2011.
The one year anniversary of my mom's passing.

I wasn't sure how the day would go. 
But, I actually felt quite relieved. 
I made it. A whole year without my mom.
I didn't waste away from all the grief. I didn't die from
all the pain. I have gotten up off my knees.
I survived her loss.
For this reason, I felt a huge sigh of relief. 

I didn't know what I would do for Christmas this year.
What kind of card to send out? Should I write the annual
Christmas letter? Would I even have anything worth writing?
Well, it turned out that I did.

I used Christmas as a way to remember my mom.
I put a picture of her and the kids on the front of the
homemade Christmas card this year. I wrote a letter about 
how I saw God so much this past year. And, I included the poems
called, Footprints In the Sand, Christmas In Heaven, then I 
included my own, Flip Flops in Heaven.
I just hope that my family doesn't find it depressing. 
I did my best; I thought it turned out quite nicely. 
Guess I'll have to wait and see. 

 Just two more events to get through. 
Christmas and New Year's. 
I know that I can do it. I've built up momentum. 
And God is with me. He has been all this time. 
I know that He never left me. 


I wish that I could say that my step-dad is doing just as well.
But, from what I've heard, he is having a hard time. 
He still isn't really talking to me. 
His loss. 


So, I'm ready! I'm ready for Christmas. I'm ready for a New Year.
A new year, a fresh start; hopefully a year holding endless 
blessings to be discovered. 
Much happiness and love; many friends and family.
Yes, I'm excited!
2012...... Here I come! 


Thank-you Lord! Thank-you for walking with me in the valley.
Thank-you for carrying me when I was on my knees. 
Thank-you for never leaving my side. Especially in my darkest
hours. And, thank-you for showing me the light again. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment